How can I update the firmware of an LG webOS system?
- Check here if your webOS screen is supported by ZetaDisplay.
- Check this page to see if any firmware is available and download it.
- Move the downloaded file to the „LG_MONITOR“ folder on a USB flash drive. The file name on the USB looks like this: \ LG_MONITOR \ <firmware> .epk
- Turn off your screen. Insert the USB stick into your webOS screen and turn your screen back on.
- The update screen will start automatically. Press OK to start the update.
- When the installation is complete, the webOS screen will indicate that there is „no signal input“. Turn off the webOS screen, remove the USB stick and turn the screen on again.
- Find and run the installation manual for your screen.
Firmware per webOS version/ model:
Models: SM5E / SK5KE / UH5E
Model: WP400 Media Player (insert the USB in the media player, not in the monitor)
Models: SM3C + SM5C + SM5KC + 49/55/65 UH5C + 75XS2C
Models: SM5B + SM5KB + 55/65 UH5B